Happy new year!

Discussion in 'News' started by HiddenCloud, Dec 29, 2015.

1. HiddenCloud

HiddenCloud Administrator
    Admin

Hello everyone, here's an update on recent events and what we have planned for the future. It's also the server's 3 year anniversary, it's been 3 years since I founded the server on my desktop pc and the server's had a lot of changes and updates since then, but most of all I hope that people will continue to enjoy playing on the server as that was my goal when creating the server, to create a fun and enjoyable Bending server.

Recent and upcoming Bending changes:
    • Air effects have been completely redone
    • AirBlast has been improved
    • EarthLine has been improved and buffed
    • Shockwave can now be instantly used using swing
    • IceSpike and IceCrash will be completely re-made.
    • New attack planned for air, fire and water
    • Earth defense buf reduced
    • Bug fixes
    Recent server and upcoming changes:
    • Raw farmables have been added to the shops of survival and factions
    • New paintball arenas
    • New items to be added blackmarket of factions
    • Main arena will be re-done (credits 2 hunt)
    • Tournaments to be improved (dual battles)
    • Tweaked orebfuscator settings a bit
    • Some other stuff I probably forgot
    Miscellaneous changes:
    We'll be moving to a new dedicated server in a few days, our current one works fine, but we got a good deal on a better server with a much better network and protection against DDOS attacks for nearly the same price so we went for it. The specifications of the machine remain almost the same, an E3-1245 v2 3.4ghz only the ram will be a bit more. The server will remain in the same state, except instead of being at buffalo (canadian border) it'll be in NYC. People living in the west coast probably won't notice any difference as the new dedicated server has a premium network compared to our old one, people in europe will most likely experience an improved latency. The move will happen completely unnoticed, the move should last 10 - 30 minutes. A notice will be given before, during and after the move.

We've started mentors, this round we'll go for 3 mentors, 2 on factions and 1 on survival. Their job is to help new players get started and familiar with Bending and the server, this is essential as too many new players quit due to not knowing how to get started, it's also an opportunity for players who want to help the server or just new players in general. As we're limited to only 3 mentors this round not everyone can become one, this doesn't mean the person is unfit or not worth it, it just means there are no more spots left, new round new chances.

#1 HiddenCloud, Dec 29, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
    CescAzkarate, Ashley and Karl like this.
  2. kirapink

kirapink Well-Known Member

When will the Mentor applications be closed and what date will they be chosen?

Ashley, Karl, iPvPMoms and 1 other person like this.
  3. HiddenCloud

HiddenCloud Administrator
    Admin

I think atleast a week or two, no ETA.

#3 HiddenCloud, Dec 30, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2015