Finally, the reset!

Discussion in 'News' started by HiddenCloud, Dec 25, 2016.

1. HiddenCloud

HiddenCloud Administrator
    Admin

Reset has sucessfully taken place. We've got a new map, new arenas and much more, join and check it out!

As a good start, we've worked a bit on Bending. First is a new attack, AirGlide, an air attack that lets the player use the much hyped elytra. Flying with AirGlide is easier than flying with the regular elytra, you'll get a speedboost when looking up so you can fly as long with it as you want.

Furthermore we've added a cool feature to tremorsense. Aslong as the attack is used and the player is standing on the ground, it'll give entities within 35 blocks range a glow/highlight, this glow can be seen through walls and even underground. Players will have a glow color in accordance with their element.

More updates are planned for Bending in the future, so stay tuned!

#1 HiddenCloud, Dec 25, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  2. Emberstone

Emberstone Active Member
    Helper

Hyyyype :)!

3. __Skyfire__

__Skyfire__ Member

So everything, including factions will be totally reseted and the factions are now towns. We can have war between th towns or what?
    Will the wilderness part be in the survival version or in the faction version?

4. HiddenCloud

Admin

A new map will be generated, possibly 1.10 or 1.11, depending on what the players want. There will be wars with nations (a town can join a nation) individual towns cannot be attacked. Survival map will be put up for everyone to download later.

5. kirapink

kirapink Well-Known Member

rank system or no rank system?

6. HiddenCloud

Admin

Not at start, otherwise the reset would take longer, but it could be added sometime later, maybe even with player input. So for now no, future certainly possible.

7. kirapink

kirapink Well-Known Member

In my opinion, I think it would be a good idea to keep it off, because some people are able to be online more than others and therefor giving them more of an advantage and having no ranking system would keep factions players and survival players equal.

8. Emberstone

Emberstone Active Member
    Helper

Although thats the point of having rank :)... Get rewarded for activity XD

9. coolstare2513

coolstare2513 Moderator

When the reset is here will bending start being updated again?

Inespi and kirapink like this.
  10. __Skyfire__

__Skyfire__ Member

CAn you still join with 1.8? Like rn I can join with 1.8, 1.9 and 1.10 will this still be possible?

11. Emberstone

Emberstone Active Member
    Helper

We will generate the map in 1.10 since it supports towny better than 1.11 :)
    There is also support for 1.8 and 1.9 if we go 1.10, but it's untested and we might not use it if its too glitchy/doesnt work, stay tuned! :)

#11 Emberstone, Dec 26, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  12. HiddenCloud

Admin

Donation ranks will remain on Towny from Factions, those who bought element(s) on survival will have to re-request their elements manually. PM me with your ingame name and the element(s) you bought on survival.

13. __Skyfire__

__Skyfire__ Member

Another thing: Would it be possible to keep the rank - thingy (plugin or whatever) cuz I rlly like it XD and I think it's a nice way to motivate players to join more often to reach the highest/next rank.

14. Hunt

Hunt Arctic fox

It has been discussed and looked into, in order to keep within speedy reset terms most agreed that the current rank system which exists in survival will not be directly added immediately or ever. The ranks provide perks that donators from factions typically get along with a few other factors. I am sure if heavily requested in the future a rank system with other perks may be in the ability to be added for benefits of players whom are on the server for a long period of time and such.

kirapink likes this.